Multi-title cart naming

Post bug reports and suggestions for the website, forums and DOM here.
Psychofox11

Multi-title cart naming

Post by Psychofox11 »

Nitpicky question, but that's why we're here recording full chips right? If a cart has more than one title, and the order isn't consistent in its materials, which should you go by? I'm thinking of titles that have names like "Game1 + Game2 + Game3" - I'm working on some 'early cart systems' that have a few like that. On a couple, the box gives a different order than the cart label. There's also the title screen, which will either show them in order, or in a couple cases simply 'make a selection' and you press 0-9 for different modes of game1,and A-J for modes of game2, which you only know from the cart label's instructions.

The few I'm looking at currently had third party dumps, and I recently added trusted dumps, but noticed the order didn't match my carts on a couple (most are consistent). Looking online, the order does match the box however (which I didn't have). I guess you could also consider the manual as well.

Should I leave this as-is with box order, or would the cart label/selection order in-game take precedence?