Sord m5 ROM cartridge and cassette software

General No-Intro related discussions.
bsittler

Sord m5 ROM cartridge and cassette software

Post by bsittler »

Hi! I am a longtime fan and user of no-intro databases and a first-time poster here.

I have been using, enjoying, and collecting software for Sord m5 (and its compatible cousins from CGL, Takara, SANNO, and others.) This was an early '80s home computer and gaming platform with some technological similarities to Sega SC-3000, Memotech MTX, Coleco Adam, and MSX1 (among others.)

More recently I finally figured out how to make images of the ROM cartridges and cassette tape software I have for it. Some of these matched known dumps I found described elsewhere (for instance, in MAME XML files) but others were either different software revisions, or entirely different programs. The ones I didn't find matches for are now archived on the Internet Archive (search for "more Sord m5 Backups" there if you are curious) and was wondering whether there is already a no-intro effort for this platform I could contribute to
Hiccup
Datter

Re: Sord m5 ROM cartridge and cassette software

Post by Hiccup »

It doesn't seem like there are existing database section for these, but I'll ask ask xuom2 to create one for each software medium (cartridges and tapes), which you and others can contribute dumps to.