General Dat-o-Matic questions

Post bug reports and suggestions for the website, forums and DOM here.
Psychofox11

General Dat-o-Matic questions

Post by Psychofox11 »

New here and while I've already added a couple dumps, I'd like to understand a few things. I've searched forums and wikis and the site in general, though information is pretty spread out into different places here, and I'm just not finding the breakdown of this info.

In the Dat-O-Matic, what are the requirements for a rom to become Verified? Some have 2 dumps and are verified, some have more and aren't. I'd like to understand that process. Do my added dumps/pics/etc. help something get closer to being verified?
What is the difference between a trusted source with a dark background and one highlighted in yellow (im using dark mode if that changes anything).
Is there anything I can do or should do to be 'more trusted', or is it just members of no-intro and the rest of us?

Sorry for the basic questions, but I did my best looking for answers! Thanks for any assistance in understanding!
Hiccup
Datter

Re: General Dat-o-Matic questions

Post by Hiccup »

Psychofox11 wrote: 05 Mar 2023 19:56 What are the requirements for a rom to become Verified?
Having two or more matching Trusted dumps that have the default status (so doesn't include bad dumps or dumps marked as "other" due to being from a Virtual Console download or something like that).
Psychofox11 wrote: 05 Mar 2023 19:56 What is the difference between a trusted source with a dark background and one highlighted in yellow (im using dark mode if that changes anything).
The yellow ones are ones marked as "Other". There should be an explanation of the source status in the "Comment 1" field.
Psychofox11 wrote: 05 Mar 2023 19:56 Is there anything I can do or should do to be 'more trusted', or is it just members of no-intro and the rest of us?
If all the asked-for info listed in the dumping guides is provided and the dump seems to be good, it can be marked as trusted, basically.
Psychofox11 wrote: 05 Mar 2023 19:56 Sorry for the basic questions, but I did my best looking for answers! Thanks for any assistance in understanding!
No problem.
Psychofox11

Post by Psychofox11 »

Thanks, one more question. Is it worth posting one if I can't post the board? For example I have a couple of semi-valuable Tengen NES carts. They are made so you can't open the shell without removing or puncturing the rear label, and removing it typically destroys it. I can see at least one needs more dumps, but would the dump info be worth anything without PCB pics?
Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup »

Psychofox11 wrote: 05 Mar 2023 22:35 Thanks, one more question. Is it worth posting one if I can't post the board? For example I have a couple of semi-valuable Tengen NES carts. They are made so you can't open the shell without removing or puncturing the rear label, and removing it typically destroys it. I can see at least one needs more dumps, but would the dump info be worth anything without PCB pics?
It would be worth something, but I think it would be worth trying non-destructive methods of removing the label (i.e. using a hairdryer and gently removing it), as PCB pictures are quite important.