GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets

General No-Intro related discussions.
root
Site Admin

GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets

Post by root »

Rif: 468 GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ prince albert on 30th January 2006, 10:21 wrote:

Hi Guys, I was just wondering if there is much interest for these? Ive recently been mergin all my sets manually, and I've been writing a tool to scan through the files and output a goodmerge xmdb from the 7zip files, so if theres much interest I would be able to post the xmdb's here when I get it finished. Just curious as to whether anyone other than me would use them.

===============================================

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ Stahn on 30th January 2006, 21:29 wrote:

I don't think there's an interest for 7-zip actually.

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ prince albert on 31st January 2006, 00:36 wrote:

That's cool, I didn't think there would be, but I wanted to be nice and offer, seeing as I've done all the hard work anyway for my own benefit. No dramas.

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ Yakushi~Kabuto on 31st January 2006, 06:29 wrote:

How many sets have you merged manually? Which ones?
How far are you in every set?
I think NGEFreak could be interested by your idea.
You might pm him for starters.

See you.

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ eke-eke on 2nd April 2006, 10:44 wrote:

I am also very interested, especialy for the N64 romset which take so much less drive space when merged...
and generally, I'd prefer to have one file per game, not per version :)

SO, I you come back here again, please share your toool ;)

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ Rob Loach on 17th September 2006, 06:56 wrote:
I don't think there's an interest for 7-zip actually.
Actually, you gain a huge amount of space when the roms are GoodMerged with 7-Zip. All you'd need is a complete XMDB file for No-Intro GBA dat.

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ prince albert on 29th September 2006, 04:03 wrote:

Just to clear things up, my computer died for a while and i lost pretty much everything, and ive also since realised that its far easier to just create the xmdb manually and use that to goodmerge, then it is to goodmerge manually and create the xmdb from that so i havent bothered rewriting the tool.

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ Rob Loach on 30th September 2006, 07:26 wrote:

Just a quick note saying you might be interested in xuom2's tool or my C# port

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ prince albert on 30th September 2006, 09:53 wrote:

Thanks, but as i said, i find it easier to just make the xmdb myself. On a relate dnote, anyone know if these have ny clones in the GB Mono dat:

Agro Soar (A)
Bataille Navale (F) (M4)
Captain America and the Avengers (U)
Lingo (E) (M4)
Litti's Summer Sports (G)
Nectaris GB (J)
Out to Lunch (E)
Phantom Air Mission (E)
Prophecy - The Viking Child (E) (M5)
Prophecy - The Viking Child (U)
Reservoir Rat (E) (M5)
Schiffe Versenken (G) (M4)
Sensible Soccer - European Champions (E)
Sports Illustrated - Golf Classic (U)
Super Chase H.Q. (UE)
Super James Pond (E)

I think i have the rest sorted out, just not sure bout these ones.

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ Connie on 30th September 2006, 10:18 wrote:

You could try searching for the game name here http://www.gamefaqs.com ,clicking the relevant platform and then it should list the release dates along with the alternative game name for each country. It's not 100% accurate, but it should help with any Japanese alternatives.

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ JdR on 18th May 2007, 15:24 wrote:

Nointro N64.rar

N64 XMDB 415 files after merge

Feel free to report bugs:

Know bugs:

-[BIOS] Xplorer 64 is listed as [BIOS] Xplorer 6467) (I don't know how solve it)

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ luke_70it on 19th May 2007, 12:34 wrote:

I know it's not the same as a No-Intro Xmdb for goodmerge, but latest (beta) version of OfflineList support 7-zip merged roms.
It is not perfect (sometimes fail to merge roms and not all parent/clone relationships are complete), but it works.

Ciao
Luca

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ JdR on 19th May 2007, 15:15 wrote:
I know it's not the same as a No-Intro Xmdb for goodmerge, but latest (beta) version of OfflineList support 7-zip merged roms.
It is not perfect (sometimes fail to merge roms and not all parent/clone relationships are complete), but it works.

Ciao
Luca
An XMDB is easy to manage than the xmls from offlinelist, the XMDB of N64 that I created will work with any version of no-intro N64romset (except if add a dump is added that have diferents names in diferents regions or a special edition of a game (for example "Mario 64 Shindou edition")in this case the XMDB needs an update

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ cartman on 24th May 2007, 10:46 wrote:

i am interested too in xmdb's. Is there any prospect of an official xmdb release that correctly states parent-clone relationships for at least the big sets?

EDIT: errr, i meant correctly states clones with differrent names than the parents

Re: GoodMerge Xmdb for No-Intro Sets \ sapu1 on 25th May 2007, 12:37 wrote:

Once a romset has been goodmerged using an xmdb release, how can we deal with datset changes (roms added & renamed) ?