Switch Cart Submission Tool Released

Post bug reports and suggestions for the website, forums and DOM here.
rarenight
Datter

Re: Switch Cart Submission Tool Released

Post by rarenight »

@Oldieboy Try upgrading to this 5.15.11 version of PyQt5 which works fine on my Python 3.12 distribution:

https://pypi.org/project/PyQt5/

If still no dice I will modify the chunk generation code to support older versions of Python.
oldieboy
Dumper

Post by oldieboy »

I think that will break my distro so I'll skip. I also don't trust those way too public repos.

How about that all-in-one Windows executable you planned? I could try it with Wine.
rarenight
Datter

Post by rarenight »

v2.5 is out! We are now feature-complete! :D

- Replaced NX Game Info with a native hactoolnet implementation for deriving embedded metadata
- Added auto-import support for multi-title XCIs and full XCIs
- Upgraded to PyQt6 with dark mode support
- Fixed UTF-8 Japanese character bug
- Added scene RAR auto-extraction
oldieboy
Dumper

Post by oldieboy »

For me it is impossible to install eager developer's latest bits so I tested tool v2.5 with a virtual Windows 10.

"Automatically Import Metadata" opens a window for dropping a file but then nothing happens. I just noticed missing runtime must be the problem (maybe you should add runtime requirement to tutorial).

App: Z:\tmp\no-intro-switch-cart-submission-tool-v2.5\hactoolnet.exe
Architecture: x64
App host version: 8.0.0
.NET location: Not found

After saving the xml file Windows file explorer opens. I had that same file explorer feature with Linux.

Otherwise everything seems to work but my 9 years old computer is way too slow for virtualized version of submission tool. CRC calculating took looooong time.
rarenight
Datter

Post by rarenight »

oldieboy wrote: 19 Aug 2024 23:22 For me it is impossible to install eager developer's latest bits so I tested tool v2.5 with a virtual Windows 10.

"Automatically Import Metadata" opens a window for dropping a file but then nothing happens. I just noticed missing runtime must be the problem (maybe you should add runtime requirement to tutorial).

App: Z:\tmp\no-intro-switch-cart-submission-tool-v2.5\hactoolnet.exe
Architecture: x64
App host version: 8.0.0
.NET location: Not found

After saving the xml file Windows file explorer opens. I had that same file explorer feature with Linux.

Otherwise everything seems to work but my 9 years old computer is way too slow for virtualized version of submission tool. CRC calculating took looooong time.
Thanks for beta testing! I added the .NET requirement to the tutorial. It is true that with this fork of hactoolnet, the automatically import metadata function doesn't work unless you have .NET 8 installed.

Hash calculation is now more methodical and processes in chunks because when I went full-throttle loading the full file into RAM it crashed on computers that didn't have enough RAM to store the whole XCI at once. Now the hash calculation method works across all computers. I do agree it is a bit slow though, but I'd rather take slow + stable over fast + crashes sometimes. With over 1700 lines of Python code it's hard to get everything stable :D
rarenight
Datter

Post by rarenight »

v2.6 has been released! The script was optimized by @DarkMatterCore who authored the following changes:

- Provided a single script once more by conditionally running offending PyQt calls under Windows (until someone else comes up with a proper fix).
- Improved hactoolnet stdout parsing by using a single regex to find all matches on the unsplit stdout string, as well as adding extra logic to check if an update is available for each parsed base title (instead of relying on variables that may get overwritten by subsequent loop iterations).
- Used the media stamp value as the gamecard revision by parsing it as a hex integer whenever possible.
- Improved title name formatting by preserving word capitalization if a word is fully capitalized and/or if it's actually an alphanumeric string (e.g. Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword Hd The -> Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword HD The).
- Implemented better handling of articles at the start of a title name (e.g. Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword HD The, -> Legend of Zelda, The - Skyward Sword HD).
- Switched from CRLF to LF line endings and removed trailing whitespaces.
rarenight
Datter

Post by rarenight »

v2.7 has been released!

- Fixed a few regressions introduced in v2.6