Additional Filters to Daily dats

Post bug reports and suggestions for the website, forums and DOM here.
Nomelas

Additional Filters to Daily dats

Post by Nomelas »

I'd love it if there was some additonal filters to the daily dats package similar to 'Pirate, Homebrew, Aftermarket' but for 'Beta, Demo' and maybe another for Unlicenced (or incorporated into the first group).
xuom2
High Council

Re: Additional Filters to Daily dats

Post by xuom2 »

actual default filters are:

Release: ⮽ Fulltitle ⮽ Proto/Beta/Demo
License: ⮽ Licensed ☐ Pirate ☐ Homebrew ⮽ Other unlicensed
Life span: ⮽ Machine life span ☐ Aftermarket

the filters are adherent to our historic purposes, imo.
theoretically we should exclude "Other unlicensed" from the default filters, but it's ok until we use this flag to include interesting exceptions.
I am a bit confused when this flag is correctly used to add "Action Replay" carts to DS and at the same time to add a huge amount of Pirate carts ("150-in-1 Unchained Melody"??) to NES.
I think that adding bootlegs to official datfiles has no sense, but I know there are edit wars and not a common agreement about this (and still no agreement about definitions!), so I will ignore what goes into the 3 non-licensed flags.

what do you think of adding in daily a set of "alternate" filters? For example:

Release: ⮽ Fulltitle ⮽ Proto/Beta/Demo [this will not change]
License: ☐ Licensed ⮽ Pirate ⮽ Homebrew ☐ Other unlicensed
Life span: ☐ Machine life span ⮽ Aftermarket

or, do you know some better combos for the "default" and the "don't know how to call" sets?

I mean, actually we have a filter to "ADD Pirate/Homebrew/Aftermarket" to default sets. This could be CHANGED to "Pirate/Homebrew/Aftermarket ONLY". In this way, some users will have something similar to the "aftermarket datfiles" that they are requesting.

(still thinking this should be a job for the dat utility and not for DOM but np)
xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 »

on a side note:

- it was reported that "Private systems: Include" = YES generates private systems ONLY. this is a bug and will be fixed.

- Stream Rips will go under their specific directory.

- I will exclude and add some more context when a datfile is empty using the selected filters.

- add cue

I will try to do all the above jobs in one single update.
xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 »

The actual idea is:

- remove other unl from default
- create "program" subcategory of unl to keep action replay etc in default