Bonk's Revenge (USA) currently incorrect?

Post bug reports and suggestions for the website, forums and DOM here.
Psychofox11

Bonk's Revenge (USA) currently incorrect?

Post by Psychofox11 »

I'm dumping my TG-16 games, and all have matched fine except one. That's Bonk's Revenge (USA).
- I get a consistent CRC32 when dumping: 68782a2f
- Someone else on OSCR forums also got this CRC32 a while back, as well as a copy that appeared to match the (Virtual Console) version
- It works in an emulator just fine
- It is identical to the current version at the start and many places, but similar/offset data elsewhere
- There is no trusted dump on DOM, only a trusted modification by deinterleaving a previous dump, which matches neither of the actual dumps from the forum above

Would this new trusted dump trump the trusted modification? Since I see someone else gets the same dump, and there's no issues playing, and all other games dump fine, I'm very confident it is a good dump. The current modification plays fine though as well. So this could possibly be an (alt). Though my thought would be for an actual dump to trump a modification and consider it a bad dump, until someone with a real cart can provide that CRC32.

I'm a datter and can make the change as needed but want some consensus on what should be done here, especially given it is a kind of well known title.
bikerspade

Re: Bonk's Revenge (USA) currently incorrect?

Post by bikerspade »

This has been added to the dat, and the existing entry renamed to be an (Alt).

Additionally, the Wii Virtual Console record seems like it may exist in physical huCard form, since this sanni dumper has two huCards, one being the new entry added verified by Terraonion Discord member nick3092 and Psychofox11, and the other matching the entry currently tagged as (Wii Virtual Console). Based on this information, should it be tagged as different Alt instead of Wii Virtual Console?
rarenight
Dumper

Post by rarenight »

Is there any way to derive revisions for huCards? Perhaps one dump is a revision that previously went un-noticed until now.
bikerspade

Post by bikerspade »

viewtopic.php?t=7503

There are photos of both huCard variants, I don't see any physical differences (see attachments for these)
https://datomatic.no-intro.org/index.ph ... =12&n=0049
https://datomatic.no-intro.org/index.ph ... =12&n=2526