Why are there no NeoGeo MVS DAT files?

General No-Intro related discussions.
DarkAngel80

Why are there no NeoGeo MVS DAT files?

Post by DarkAngel80 »

I noticed there are no NeoGeo MVS DAT files on DAT-O-MATIC, although the NeoGeo Pocket is covered. Is there any particular reason for this? Thanks!
rarenight
Dumper

Re: Why are there no NeoGeo MVS DAT files?

Post by rarenight »

NeoGeo MVS carts are sufficiently represented in MAME 0.260 and therefore any presence in No-Intro would be redundant.

Here's a list of NeoGeo games currently in MAME for reference: http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/lista_mame. ... _version=0

No-Intro as a project likes to host unique DATs and act complementary to other projects where possible.
DarkAngel80

Post by DarkAngel80 »

Thanks @rarenight!

I haven't used MAME yet, as I am primarily working with Console Romsets, not Arcade. My use case is that I want to create a custom 1G1R Romset for the NeoGeo MVS using a P/C DAT file with Rom Center. Any advice on how I would go about extracting that out of MAME?
Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup »

There'd still be a benefit having a No-Intro dat, due to the extra features/fields that datomatic provides. Especially if we also had trusted dumps and verifications.
Psychofox11

Post by Psychofox11 »

I'm all for this and could contribute a couple aftermarkets - if I ever knew how to dump one! Maybe once a more accessible dumper comes along and members can actually add trusted dumps, we should consider it. AFAIK you gotta dump the chips like an arcade board, and we don't have a lot of people going that far. I did want to keep this on the radar though. This and Atari Jaguar need some good dumping options. OSCR and Maxflash cover just about everything else (oddly no Lynx but it has easy to find dumpers), and any carts post-GBA can use their own console.