Datting game for console with single release...

Post bug reports and suggestions for the website, forums and DOM here.
Psychofox11

Datting game for console with single release...

Post by Psychofox11 »

Just wondering how this would be approached or if No-intro would just rather not bother, but wanted an expert opinion from a higher up haha.
So there is a console by Collectorvision, the Collectorvision Phoenix. It primarily serves as an FPGA system that can play ColecoVision games from cartridge or ROM via SD card. It also simulates the more recent Super Game Module for the ColecoVision which adds some RAM and audio stuff (some aftermarket games need it, some games are enhanced by it) It was going to have cores for other systems, has a pretty broken Atari core, and nothing else in a long time. The Colecovision core could use some perfection but it plays 99% of non-trackball games perfectly and is a quick way to play over HDMI that I'm glad I got in on. Lets you use original controllers or a single SNES controller. There's supposed to be more units released, but I'm not holding my breath, there hasn't even been a core update in a few years, but they say it isn't dead.

Anyway.... If you're still with me - So typically the software for this would just be the Colecovision Library. However, there is a single game, that was supposed to work on ColecoVision with the Super Game Module, but the developer gave up and released it requiring some extra from the FPGA in the CollectorVision Phoenix. So, this is a ColecoVision Cartridge (It may even give you a message in a real Coleco, I haven't tried), but it contains the only game exclusive to the CollectorVision Phoenix. While I haven't been able to dump it (or any Coleco Aftermarket) so far to record hashes (I do NOT share roms), I do have a digital version I could record until I can figure out the physical some day. The game is Dead Tomb, which also got an NES release via Limited Run.

Could I submit this for datting? If so would it go under ColecoVision with a special note or be a single game console? I may wait for the physical to check the digital for watermarks etc.
Hiccup
Datter

Re: Datting game for console with single release...

Post by Hiccup »

I think either would be fine tbh. But yeah maybe going in the existing dat with a special tag would make more sense. Re. checking for watermarks: another way would be to ask someone else to buy it digitally, and ask what SHA256 they gotm
Psychofox11

Re: Datting game for console with single release...

Post by Psychofox11 »

I would if I could, but I don't think it can be bought digitally. It wasn't even included with the game. It was part of the ROMs from the Collectorvision Experience, a yearly club that includes some physical games and a pack of roms, and other stuff. The physical wasn't part of that as not everyone has a Phoenix, but the digital was part of its ROM pack. Unfortunately I don't know any other members or Colecovision fans in general haha. It being a club with not a ton of members, and having member numbers and cards, I'd like to be cautious! I don't share stuff period, but I'm not sure how they are about having hashes datted, some people are weird about it. At least wanna be sure the digital is clean anyway. I mean it isn't like the club is a secret, they want more members, but I think the stuff they share is mostly meant to stay within members. The physical wasn't limited to members as I remember though, and the digital would be a good verification if they match. Might as well wait until I have both, or find another digital.