evercade

General No-Intro related discussions.
markriley83

evercade

Post by markriley83 »

Hi, I have an evercade and all the games released so far. I haven't played with it yet because I wanted to dump the games and I think it saves to the cartridge and don't want to risk contaminating the data.

There is an article:

http://retrotechr.blogspot.com/2020/06/ ... e.html?m=1

This suggests that the cartridges are pretty much SD cards with a gameboy interface.

If I set up a similar reading setup and DD all the ROM data, would that make a decent dump? Would no intro be interested in such a project?
Hiccup
Datter

Re: evercade

Post by Hiccup »

A dd dump should be fine. No-Intro would absolutely be interested :)
Its a very good idea to use this linux distro (as a live USB/DVD) to dump external media with much less risk of the operating system writing to it - by default, most operating systems will change the metadata on inserted media.
markriley83

Post by markriley83 »

Turns out my soldering skills are abysmal and I've made no progress in creating this device. If anyone is UK based and able to cobble something together and send it to me, I'm more than happy to pay.
Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup »

I'll post a message to VGPC (game preservation discord server) asking if anyone could make one.
fazley

Post by fazley »

Any news on this? I have an Evercade and all the carts but I made an SD card for my RG351V with just the games from the Evercade on (no cart swapping, better screen and better Dpad) but I am missing a few titles I can’t find.
Would love it if someone has dumped the Evercade carts somewhere, I too tried to make a reader with a Gameboy cart adapter but I can’t solder either!
Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup »

Btw here is a guide for dumping USB/SD/etc media without risking (or reducing the risk of) modification:
https://dumping.guide/todo/removable-flash-media
markriley83

Post by markriley83 »

fazley wrote: 07 Jun 2022 20:17 Any news on this? I have an Evercade and all the carts but I made an SD card for my RG351V with just the games from the Evercade on (no cart swapping, better screen and better Dpad) but I am missing a few titles I can’t find.
Would love it if someone has dumped the Evercade carts somewhere, I too tried to make a reader with a Gameboy cart adapter but I can’t solder either!
Not yet. I was going to give it another go because I've had this sat here for months and not touched it because I want completely clean dumps.

Edit: Ok, I've ordered all my bits and they should arrive for the weekend. I'm out this weekend, but I'll get set up and try to get into a position where I can start this next week.