Atari falcon help for a dump?

General No-Intro related discussions.
starlord

Atari falcon help for a dump?

Post by starlord »

Hello to all!

It so happens that I and a couple of atari afficionados are trying to image a falcon 030 game called crown of creation by rebelsoft, yet it's protection systems are very resilient (030 + DSP code protection) and those are interfering with disk imaging.

Might anyone here know how to disable the protections so a dump may be made? for those interested we can supply a preinstalled version of the game.

many thanks for your advice.
logik1

Re: Atari falcon help for a dump?

Post by logik1 »

You can image the original disks with a Kryoflux drive, it will make a 1:1 copy with any protection intact. Assuming this game hasn't already been imaged to .ipf with a Kryoflux.
hydr0x
Dumper

Post by hydr0x »

Yeah, a KryoFlux would certainly be the best way to do this. You can ask in the KryoFlux forums or on softpres.org for someone near you with the equipment.
starlord

Post by starlord »

Many thanks for the info! out of curiosity, might you know also of any competent atari hackers that could help us with our problem? thank you though, as if we manage to give them true images of the disks things will be much easier...
hydr0x
Dumper

Post by hydr0x »

starlord wrote:Many thanks for the info! out of curiosity, might you know also of any competent atari hackers that could help us with our problem? thank you though, as if we manage to give them true images of the disks things will be much easier...
The thing is, with a KryoFlux image you probably won't need any kind of hack to get these running as the protection will be properly dumped as well. If you use the images in an emulator that should work.
starlord

Post by starlord »

Actually for some reason or another i recall the dsp code protection playing havoc with the imaging of the 3rd disk of coc. Hydrox, i can link you to more knowledgeable people should you wish to help us.
logik1

Post by logik1 »

I have a kryoflux...
hydr0x
Dumper

Post by hydr0x »

starlord wrote:Actually for some reason or another i recall the dsp code protection playing havoc with the imaging of the 3rd disk of coc. Hydrox, i can link you to more knowledgeable people should you wish to help us.
Trust me, imaging with a KryoFlux will not result in any problems, no matter what copy protection. I do own a KryoFlux but I don't think I'm near you. I also don't own an external Atari ST drive to hook up to it. @logik1 that's nice, but unless starlord tells us where he lives that's of little consequence. Shipping the games should not be necessary, there are KryoFlux owners everywhere ;)
starlord

Post by starlord »

There have been attempts at imaging using jaymsa ( not sure of kryoflux though). This have been giving operators difficulty due to a simultaneous 030 and dsp56k protection system.i have opened a thread on atariage. Hopefully we'll know more then.
hydr0x
Dumper

Post by hydr0x »

starlord wrote:There have been attempts at imaging using jaymsa ( not sure of kryoflux though). This have been giving operators difficulty due to a simultaneous 030 and dsp56k protection system.i have opened a thread on atariage. Hopefully we'll know more then.
I can only repeat myself: you won't have those problems with a kryoflux.
logik1

Post by logik1 »

The kryoflux will let you image the disk(s) without problems, unless there is a hardware dongle involved?
starlord

Post by starlord »

Sorry for the long waited reply.

seems kryoflux could be our answer, as it has not been tried before. Many thanks guys. We are trying to mobilise the guys at atariage. They already have coc copies.

normally, no hardware dongles are involved here. The only necessity will be also to scan the package and manual so we can enter the wordkeys.
dlfrsilver

Post by dlfrsilver »

Hello, I made a working set of IPF and HFE v3 files which contains the copy protection on disk 3 of this game.

https://we.tl/t-eNBV1kbz6m

Have fun !!