[NES] Safety Rally needs a (Sample) tag

Post all database contributions here.
nnssxx

[NES] Safety Rally needs a (Sample) tag

Post by nnssxx »

Hi,

Yasuda Fire & Marine - Safety Rally (Japan) should have a (Sample) tag because it was never sold in stores.

This promotional cartridge was given away by Yasuda Fire insurance company salesmen around 1989, to customers who attended traffic safety classes.
It came in a blue hard plastic sleeve with a shiny "AIR Heart&Safety" sticker and a white label on the side reading "セイフティラリー 安田火災" (literally "Safety Rally Yasuda Fire"), plus a giant map with the instruction manual printed on the back.

The cartridge is rare, the sleeve is rarer, the map is the rarest.
A complete set could easily sell for $1500.

End of the story!
Hiccup
Datter

Re: [NES] Safety Rally needs a (Sample) tag

Post by Hiccup »

I think the "Sample" tag is intended for internal/press sample versions. But its a good point that this isn't a "general release", so I've added the tag "Not for Resale", which is the usual term for these things.
nnssxx

Post by nnssxx »

Hiccup wrote: 30 Sep 2021 22:08 I think the "Sample" tag is intended for internal/press sample versions. But its a good point that this isn't a "general release", so I've added the tag "Not for Resale", which is the usual term for these things.
Oooh I've never seen this tag for a NES game before! I mentioned the "sample" tag because it is already used for other games in a similar situation: for example Tag Team Pro-Wrestling Special which was never for sale either, only sent to customers of the original game after they sent back a postcard that came with it (chosen by lottery).
Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup »

I think "Sample" has been used inappropriately for a few things for quite a while. I'll change that one to "Not for Resale" too, thanks.