Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (CDN) - Matching Title ID to Name

Post all database contributions here.
nateify

Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (CDN) - Matching Title ID to Name

Post by nateify »

Currently, the Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (CDN) (CDN) dat does not have recognizable names for the vast majority of the set. I am working on some Python scripts match names to IDs based on a few data dumps.

The first run here was fairly simple, matching the title ID to any No-Intro dat that already has a unique title ID. It does not include updates/DLC/demos.

Since these names are lifted exclusively from other No-Intro dats I think it would make sense to match them to the CDN dat for consistencies sake. I will expand my script to match more names and then I will make a separate contribution for new names that will be following the naming conventions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nateify on 05 Jun 2021 03:32, edited 1 time in total.
nateify

Re: Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (CDN) - Matching Title ID to Name

Post by nateify »

Here is the second contribution. All title ID which are non-unique in other No-Intro dats however the only difference is the Rev number. Since there are no revisions in the CDN dat for games we can strip the rev part of the name. Here is an example:

0004000000049000 matches Star Fox 64 3D (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (Rev 2) and Star Fox 64 3D (USA) (En,Fr,Es) (Rev 3) which are two separate entries in the Nintendo 3DS (Encrypted) dat.

Therefore 0004000000049000 should be named "Star Fox 64 3D (USA) (En,Fr,Es)" in the CDN dat for consistency.

An example of a title ID which is non-unique but differences are not only rev would be 00040000001B5000. It matches the following in the cartridge dats:
Pocket Monsters Ultra Sun (Japan) (En,Ja,Fr,De,Es,It,Zh,Ko)
Pokemon Ultra Sun (Europe) (En,Ja,Fr,De,Es,It,Zh,Ko)
Pokemon Ultra Sun (USA) (En,Ja,Fr,De,Es,It,Zh,Ko)

Specifically this game would be World region in the CDN dat. There happens to be this entry in Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (Updates and DLC) (Encrypted) dat which confirms the region should be world by the naming convention: Pokemon Ultra Sun (World) (v1.1, v1040) (Update).cia

I can write some heuristics to find games where the title ID matches multiple regions and is found as World region in the updates/DLC dat. We can then also use this have update/DLC title IDs in the CDN dat match the encrypted CIA dat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by nateify on 05 Jun 2021 04:26, edited 1 time in total.
nateify

Re: Nintendo 3DS (Digital) (CDN) - Matching Title ID to Name

Post by nateify »

I have attached two CSV, one for title ID exact matches by serial and the second is for fuzzy matches to existing No-Intro dumps with the same name minus region, swapping region for games which are not World/multi region.

Example of matching by serial:
Input title ID is 0004000000066300. This is not found in any No-Intro dat. The digital serial CTR-N-JMFE is matched via an eShop JSON dump. CTR-N-JMFE is then found in Nintendo - Nintendo 3DS (Digital) dat with name Mighty Switch Force! (USA). Exact match.

EDIT:
I have updated my script to make a few more better fuzzy matches. I have attached a third CSV which combines all of the contributions so far and also includes serials which I forgot to include before. I'll be updating this master list throughout this discussion based on what I would like updated in the database.

EDIT 2:
More improvements made to fuzzy matching including for Virtual Console. A small number of World region titles were manually added based on digital and 3DS updates dats.