wiiware parent clone data

Post all database contributions here.
staryu

wiiware parent clone data

Post by staryu »

I've made a small utility to help extract the parent clone data from gamefiles, which is missing for the majority of wiiware games.

Here is the data for games titled A-D. Is it useable like this to be added to the dat file?

https://mega.nz/file/4L5yzRzZ#wsU7kBVAQ ... _BQqC-wLFQ
Hiccup
Datter

Re: wiiware parent clone data

Post by Hiccup »

This looks good generally, but there a few issues:
  • Seems like some have the wrong parent set? E.g. Donkey Kong has the USA version as the parent, but Europe should take priority with parent/clone.
  • The end of the names are cut off - if this is because of commas in the names, you can solve that problem by putting each "cell" inside quotation marks (or at least the ones containing commas) - that's the standard solution for CSV.
  • There is a space after each comma - normally with CSVs this isn't the case
Also I think you should note which datfile you used, and also upload it. Otherwise things may get confused if something was changed in the database after you ran the script.
staryu

Re: wiiware parent clone data

Post by staryu »

Quite right, I've fixed those oversights.

The reason for Donkey kong having the USA as parent is that I don't have the European version of that game.

I realize now that the PC dat from datomatic is not detecting quite a few missing games, which the regular dat file detects for some reason.

I'll "complete" the "collection", and will get back to you.