[NSW] Layers of Fear - Legacy (USA)

Post all database contributions here.
jhmiller

[NSW] Layers of Fear - Legacy (USA)

Post by jhmiller »

hi, the xci "Layers of Fear - Legacy (USA) (En,Fr,De,Es,It,Pt,Ru)" include the game and the update 1.01 (v65536).
As includes update, should not be "Rev 1" or Rev 2 or whatever?

The same with "Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime (Europe) (En,Ja,Fr,De,Es,It,Pt,Zh,Ko,Ru)".
The xci includes the update 1.0.3 (v196608). But I don't know what REV it would be.
Hiccup
Datter

Re: [NSW] Layers of Fear - Legacy (USA)

Post by Hiccup »

Revision refers to the cart ROM revision, not the title versions included in the ROM. The source for this is the last three digits of the code on the back of the cart.
jhmiller

Post by jhmiller »

Hiccup wrote: 01 Dec 2020 15:15 Revision refers to the cart ROM revision, not the title versions included in the ROM. The source for this is the last three digits of the code on the back of the cart.
Ok, question resolved.
Thank you.
Bumpfi
Datter

Post by Bumpfi »

One big problem: scene releases don't offer backside photos, so you can't be shure wich rev the card is. 3 ways to know: sometimes it's written in .nfo, someone did a dump confirm or if you check game rev an it says 1.0.0 or 1.0 its devinitly a v0 card
jhmiller

Post by jhmiller »

Bumpfi wrote: 03 Dec 2020 07:29 One big problem: scene releases don't offer backside photos, so you can't be shure wich rev the card is. 3 ways to know: sometimes it's written in .nfo, someone did a dump confirm or if you check game rev an it says 1.0.0 or 1.0 its devinitly a v0 card
I put in because I thought the rev was related to the update that the cartridge carries, but Hiccup has clarified it.
Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup »

Bumpfi wrote: 03 Dec 2020 07:29 if you check game rev an it says 1.0.0 or 1.0 its devinitly a v0 card
I'm not sure that's the case. There may not be any direct relationship between title version or user-facing title version and the cart ROM version. I'm even sure there is a cart ROM version field in the XCI at all. The text on the back of the cart (and similar text on the ROM chip) seems to be the only way to find the actual revision. But maybe a "cart ROM version" field could be found by comparing the ROM data of two versions.

(image taken from here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9UbjkhnsEg)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.