Paper Mario (Europe) overdumped

Post all database contributions here.
Hiccup
Datter

Paper Mario (Europe) overdumped

Post by Hiccup »

It seems like Paper Mario (Europe) (En,Fr,De,Es) is overdumped:
https://datomatic.no-intro.org/?page=fo ... hread=3392

How should this be dealt with? should the sizs of the file in the sources be edited and a comment added noting what happened, or should a "trusted modification" source be made?
omonim2007
Datter

Re: Paper Mario (Europe) overdumped

Post by omonim2007 »

Please make an old one File as a "Bad", and old sources that uses it as a Thirt-Party ones with flag "Bad".

Yes, it better to add a new Trusted modification source with the correct hashes.
I'm doing in this way for other dats.
Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup »

Now that i think about it, I think it might actually be better to just edit the main the source, as trusted modifications are for "uncertain" things really -and don't count as verifications. I think this overdump is pretty clear cut.
omonim2007
Datter

Post by omonim2007 »

Hiccup wrote: 21 Jan 2020 14:26 Now that i think about it, I think it might actually be better to just edit the main the source, as trusted modifications are for "uncertain" things really -and don't count as verifications. I think this overdump is pretty clear cut.
Yes sure.

I agree with that.
RetroGamer
Dumper

Post by RetroGamer »

Well, it seems that in the PCB there are 2 rom chips: 256Mb+128Mb
Maybe the game coundn't fit in a 256Mb chip and a 512Mb chip was too much so they opted to release the game in 2 chips: 256Mb +128Mb since it was cheaper than a single 512Mb chip...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KingMike

Post by KingMike »

Well, the single-language NTSC versions are 40MB (That would be 256+64mbit), correct? Presumably the extra languages in the PAL version couldn't fit in the remaining space.