Request for explanation on some new tab when we donwload DAT files

Post bug reports and suggestions for the website, forums and DOM here.
Oo_HappyKool_oO

Request for explanation on some new tab when we donwload DAT files

Post by Oo_HappyKool_oO »

Hello friend my name is Oo HappyKool oO I was known here on the nickname Parappa 620 so I preferred to abandon Parappa620 for my nickname Gaming Oo HappyKool oO which is the one that suits me best.

I saw new categories on certain systems to create the dat according to its needs I would have liked to have some information on the way as it is again listed for example I saw the category [MIA ROMs] this one I think l to have understood it includes the roms for the moment MIA.
Another category is [Empty archives] what it corresponds to when we do our scan by the ROM manager. Then I saw for the *Nintendo entertaiment system* ROMs two options but I don't really understand. In relation to how this will be taken into account with the ROM manager. Header skip: [Add plugin] is this going to be requested with for example the header on CLRMAMEPRO if yes perfect and if I take the dat but with the Header skip: [Ignore] will this ingnore if I I understood the same thing for example with the *Famicom Disk System Entertainment* is this correct?

Thank for advance.
Hiccup
Datter

Re: Request for explanation on some new tab when we donwload DAT files

Post by Hiccup »

"Header" refers to the headers added by some tools. iNES header for NES, and the less-popular (and useless?) FDS header used for FDS. The hashes in the dat are for the unheadered ROMs - the header skipper files are just definition files to help ROM managers skip headers.
Oo_HappyKool_oO

Thanks @Hiccup but on the site https://datomatic.no-intro.org if i take option [Add plugin] CLRMAME ask header_NES.xml ok but if i take [Ignore] CLRMAME don't detect and not header this is correct ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup »

Not sure what you are asking, sorry.
Oo_HappyKool_oO

sorry my english is poor :( i try tomorrow scan with 2 options)

Others question lol "And for this story of [Empty Files] what is the point of being selected on the creation of dat "
Capture d’écran 2022-02-27 225810.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 »

If you "include empty archives", you will see "missing roms" in your set marked as "undumped". it's a way to let people known what's missing.
Just exclude them (it's the default) to avoid confusion.

A similar situation is: "include private dumps". Probably you will not have them: set them to exclude to spare some time with your p2p searches.
Oo_HappyKool_oO

xuom2 wrote: 28 Feb 2022 07:14 If you "include empty archives", you will see "missing roms" in your set marked as "undumped". it's a way to let people known what's missing.
Just exclude them (it's the default) to avoid confusion.

A similar situation is: "include private dumps". Probably you will not have them: set them to exclude to spare some time with your p2p searches.
Hello Team Thank you very much xuom2 for the information ;) . You have perfectly targeted my question;) and met my expectations once again thank you. Cordialy 8-) 8-)

Oo HappyKool oO