Current dat-o-matic issues?

Post bug reports and suggestions for the website, forums and DOM here.
pipipr7

Current dat-o-matic issues?

Post by pipipr7 »

I see that the the Gameboy database has been "locked by omonim2007" for a few days now. Don't know if it's working intermittently or what is going on (since the lock date notice shows up as 2022-02-06 18:27:56, but when I tried to access it last week it was also locked). Any news on that, or an explanation if there's maintenance work or some such thing being done on that specific database?

The links to the forum are also blocked showing up as "Forums are temporary disabled by: xuom2" even tho the forums right here seem to be working fine. I think if this is not intentional for some reason it should probably be fixed, since it makes this already semi-dead forums harder to find for new users.
omonim2007
Datter

Re: Current dat-o-matic issues?

Post by omonim2007 »

Everything is very simple. If the database is locked, then edits are in progress. It's just that you entering at the same time when I'm editing. I still have quite a lot of work to do, so please be patient.
Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup »

pipipr7 wrote: 07 Feb 2022 04:18 I see that the the Gameboy database has been "locked by omonim2007" for a few days now. Don't know if it's working intermittently or what is going on (since the lock date notice shows up as 2022-02-06 18:27:56, but when I tried to access it last week it was also locked). Any news on that, or an explanation if there's maintenance work or some such thing being done on that specific database?
Datters can choose to lock a system they are working on. I guess the idea is to avoid conflicting edits. Its an existing request that systems be made viewable when they are locked. IMO, a wiki-like system that simply warns you of conflicting edits would be better, but I guess that might be hard to implement.
pipipr7 wrote: 07 Feb 2022 04:18 The links to the forum are also blocked showing up as "Forums are temporary disabled by: xuom2" even tho the forums right here seem to be working fine. I think if this is not intentional for some reason it should probably be fixed, since it makes this already semi-dead forums harder to find for new users.
Ah, that's actually not a link to the forums. The "Discussion" thing was like a per-item issue tracker in DoM.
xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 »

Omonim edits are intermittent. He usually works in the early mornings (European time), then system gets unlocked.
"Forums" on DOM is a sort of "tickets" and should be reopened very very very soon.
pipipr7

Post by pipipr7 »

Ah, thanks for the explanations. I guess I just checked at a bad time.