modified nxdumptool not working with Switch firmware 11.0.1 anymore

General No-Intro related discussions.
Madeline
Datter

modified nxdumptool not working with Switch firmware 11.0.1 anymore

Post by Madeline »

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you guys know that I just updated to firmware 11.0.1 with atmosphere 0.17.1 and the modified nxdumptools does not work anymore. It just crash when "initializing" and it jumps back to the homebrew menu.
The full nxdumptool 1.1.12 works flawlessly

Does anybody have this issue too?

Flashing back to 10.2.0 does not help as the cartridge slot got updated. So when I put a cartridge in after flashing back to 10.2.0 atmosphere crashes the moment inserting a cartridge. I use hekate to boot and disabled the autonogc patch to let my cartridge slot work.

So I cannot dump key areas for the moment. I hope darkmattercore rewrite will be done quickly.
/e: I just messaged him via discord. I report updates
Madeline
Datter

Re: modified nxdumptool not working with Switch firmware 11.0.1 anymore

Post by Madeline »

DarkMatterCore confirmed it. And I found a solution / workaround for this.

Join DarkMatterCores Discord and use prebuilt usb_gc_dump from this link:
https://discord.com/channels/7703692192 ... 6635794442

You need a USB connection to your PC and a modified version of ns-usbloader or alterneatively the python script. Both are linked there too.

/e: It dumps 4096 bytes instead of the "trimmed" 512 bytes containing actual data.
To strip the remaining 3584 just use dd using your unix shell

Code: Select all

dd bs=512 count=1 if=<4096 bytes file> of=<512 bytes file>
Last edited by Madeline on 12 Apr 2021 16:49, edited 2 times in total.
Whovian9369
Datter

Re: modified nxdumptool not working with Switch firmware 11.0.1 anymore

Post by Whovian9369 »

As a note, here's the link to the official NXDumpTool Discord server, which is the server Madeline was talking about and linked to a message from: https://discord.gg/SCbbcQx - Specifically the channel #pre-built-files, should the binaries be updated later on.
If any of you need assistance with the apps, please do feel free to ask in the appropriate channels in the server and (probably) DarkMatterCore or myself will get back to you!