wiiware dat missing most cloneof lines

General No-Intro related discussions.
staryu

wiiware dat missing most cloneof lines

Post by staryu »

Hey guys

I downloaded a parent clone dat file from datomatic for wiiware, but I noticed that many games don't contain the cloneof line, which makes it impossible to create the 1G1R set.

Is this an issue with this particular platform, or am I just being stupid?

If it's lack of manwork, how can I contribute to fixing this platform?
Hiccup
Datter

Re: wiiware dat missing most cloneof lines

Post by Hiccup »

Partially its a lack of manwork, but this task could actually be mostly automated. The title ids for different regions of the same game only differ by the last two digits (at least in most cases), so all entries with title ids that match in the first 14 digits could be grouped together.
staryu

Post by staryu »

Sure thing, I can automate that. So it's just a matter of editing the xml file directly, or is there any approved must use utility?
Hiccup
Datter

Post by Hiccup »

There isn't really a "formalised" way to contribute these sort of bulk-edits to datomatic, but I suggest you create a CSV file with the P/C field values for each archive (and record which datfile version you used), and then xuom2 can probably import this data to datomatic directly.

When parsing the title id from the WADs, the best (and only?) place to get this info is from the TMD. There are libraries to help with parsing WADs, Wii TMDs etc, but from the sound of it you probably already know this.
staryu

Post by staryu »

Got it.
I'll get to it when I have time, hopefully it won't be too hard