A few questions regarding the status of PS3 PSN DLC

General No-Intro related discussions.
BigFred
High Council

Re: A few questions regarding the status of PS3 PSN DLC

Post by BigFred »

Is there also a way to properly preserve the version update patches? It would be important to have access to these as physical releases are becoming less and less polished.
norkmetnoil577
Datter

Post by norkmetnoil577 »

BigFred wrote: 22 Apr 2021 15:39 Is there also a way to properly preserve the version update patches? It would be important to have access to these as physical releases are becoming less and less polished.
Updates are being preserved too in separate dats labeled "Update", they can be downloaded if the game serial is known. There are some missing old updates though which seemingly are either removed from the server or their download links are no longer returned when requesting "what are all available updates", so dumping over time is best.
BigFred
High Council

Post by BigFred »

Awesome. I guess you can use a CFW to apply game updates directly from your HD without the need to connect to the Sony server (when it is shut down for good)?
layzee

Post by layzee »

Well, I think we're in our last hours of the PS3 store, for real this time.

Edit: Never mind, misread. It's not closing but there are some new restrictions.
norkmetnoil577
Datter

Post by norkmetnoil577 »

layzee wrote: 26 Oct 2021 12:00 Well, I think we're in our last hours of the PS3 store, for real this time.

Edit: Never mind, misread. It's not closing but there are some new restrictions.
Hope the PSN efforts continue, there was a big flood when the last shutdown announcement was, but in the last month or 2 it has been almost no new dumps...