GBA multiboot ROMs

General No-Intro related discussions.
Hiccup
Datter

GBA multiboot ROMs

Post by Hiccup »

Should these be added to the dat? Do they need to be converted somehow beforehand?
relax
High Council

Re: GBA multiboot ROMs

Post by relax »

Well, there used to be a separate No-intro GBA multiboot dat, but it was removed from the download page some five years ago. You can still get it here: http://forum.no-intro.org/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1283. If I remember correctly the argument for the removal was that the multiboot games/demos are duplicates since they stem from GameCube discs. I personally think that the multiboot ROMs are highly collectible since I don't have a complete GameCube collection, and even if I did it's the hassle of extracting them.

There are some almost forgotten gems like the unreleased GBA version of Dakar 2.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_ ... link_cable
sCZther
Datter

Post by sCZther »

I am all for it returning. It certainly doesn't hurt as the files are very small
relax
High Council

Post by relax »

There are still some multiboot ROMs in the main GBA-dat which should be moved to MB-dat if they are unique or deleted if they are bad/dupes.

Code: Select all

Billy Hatcher - Hyper Shoot (USA) (En,Ja) (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg) [b] [BAD]
Billy Hatcher - Hyper Shoot ~Easy~ (USA) (En,Ja) (Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg) [b] [BAD]
Mario Kart - Double Dash!! (USA) (Fire Emblem GBA - Bonus Items) [Edit: Moved to Multiboot dat]
NiGHTS into Dreams ~Score Attack~ (USA) (En,Ja) (GameCube) [DUPE]
Puyo Pop - Endless Version (USA) (GameCube) [DUPE]
Puyo Pop - Endless Version (USA) (Ja) (GameCube) [DUPE]
Tiny Chao Garden (USA) (En,Ja,Fr,De,Es) (Sonic Adventure DX - Director's Cut) [DUPE]
This should be moved the other way, it's not multiboot, but emulated on the GameCube. Remember that the file limit for multiboot is 256 KB, and the ROMs has an additional header at 0C0h.

Code: Select all

Made in Wario (Japan) (Demo) (Kiosk, GameCube) EDIT: Moved to GBA
To check and add to MB-dat:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2768