DAT-o-MATIC Auto File Hasher Released

Post bug reports and suggestions for the website, forums and DOM here.
rarenight
Dumper

DAT-o-MATIC Auto File Hasher Released

Post by rarenight »

I programmed a highly-optimized Tampermonkey userscript that auto-hashes and auto-inputs the Size, CRC32, MD5, SHA-1, and SHA-256 fields when you drag and drop a file onto the Submit File or Edit File page on DAT-o-MATIC.

To Use:
  • Install the Tampermonkey extension: https://www.tampermonkey.net/.
  • Download the script here: https://github.com/rarenight/datomatic- ... le-hasher/
  • Open the Tampermonkey dashboard and drag and drop the script into it to install it.
  • When datting on DAT-o-MATIC in the Submit File page or Edit File page, drag and drop the file onto the page.
  • Wait for the hashes to auto-populate on-screen in the first set of fields (e.g. Decrypted). This takes a while for large files. I am not responsible for Out of Memory crashes.
  • If you drag a second file onto the screen, hashes will auto-populate on-screen in the second set of fields (e.g. Encrypted). You can then drag more files onto the screen for third, fourth, etc. sets of hashes, or refresh the page to reset the script.
No-Intro datting should be as automated as possible, and my script streamlines the datting process for hashes so you don't have to worry about manually copy and pasting hash values into the fields one by one. Enjoy! :D
rarenight
Dumper

Re: DAT-o-MATIC Auto File Hasher Released

Post by rarenight »

Update: I fixed the >2 GB hashing issue by rewriting the code to process the buffer in chunks rather than loading the entire file into memory. My script should now handle all file sizes although keep in mind, it may take a while to process very large files. If you downloaded this script before, please re-install it!
rarenight
Dumper

Post by rarenight »

Update: The four hash-wasm modules are now directly implemented in the Userscript. This eliminates reliance on external JS libraries and future-proofs my script. Thanks to @Hiccup for the suggestion!
rarenight
Dumper

Post by rarenight »

Update: In addition to the Submit File page, my script now supports the Edit File page as well (although you shouldn't edit existing hashes unless you submitted them for the wrong file mistakenly). It also no longer activates on the Attachments page so you can still drag and drop attachments into DOM while the script is enabled.
Arctic Circle System
Datter

Post by Arctic Circle System »

Thank you! I submitted a pull request to rename dom-hasher.js to dom-hasher.user.js as that's the extension userscript managers use for userscripts. ~Cherri
Arctic Circle System
Datter

Post by Arctic Circle System »

I was able to confirm that it works when using Greasemonkey! ~Cherri
omonim2007
Datter

Post by omonim2007 »

Cool script and cool idea for making it more easy to submit new hash info!

It really works fine, thanks!