unlicensed games

General No-Intro related discussions.
777gamer

unlicensed games

Post by 777gamer »

why are unlicensed games in the no intro?
Hiccup
Datter

Re: unlicensed games

Post by Hiccup »

I think the reason might be that some of them are worth preserving - not all unlicensed games are low-quality and/or rip-offs. If you mean why they are in a specific dat, wait for an answer from someone knowledgable about dats :sdrop:.
777gamer

Post by 777gamer »

Hiccup wrote:I think the reason might be that some of them are worth preserving - not all unlicensed games are low-quality and/or rip-offs. If you mean why they are in a specific dat, wait for an answer from someone knowledgable about dats :sdrop:.
so the bad games dont get dumped?
C. V. Reynolds
Datter

Post by C. V. Reynolds »

If bad games didn't get dumped, there wouldn't be many unlicensed games in No-Intro's database. ;)

Generally speaking, all non-pirate games are included at No-Intro. Unlicensed games are all included except in the event they violate copyright. We tend to leave those and only those out. That's why you don't see Mario pirate games in the database here.

Of course, some pirate games have managed to get in anyway. A good example is "Sonic The Hedgehog 4" in the Super Nintendo section. Shrug. Case by case basis on those maybe. I don't mind adding them, though.
777gamer

Post by 777gamer »

C. V. Reynolds wrote:If bad games didn't get dumped, there wouldn't be many unlicensed games in No-Intro's database. ;)

Generally speaking, all non-pirate games are included at No-Intro. Unlicensed games are all included except in the event they violate copyright. We tend to leave those and only those out. That's why you don't see Mario pirate games in the database here.

Of course, some pirate games have managed to get in anyway. A good example is "Sonic The Hedgehog 4" in the Super Nintendo section. Shrug. Case by case basis on those maybe. I don't mind adding them, though.
all games got copyright how come that?
KingMike

Post by KingMike »

C. V. Reynolds wrote:If bad games didn't get dumped, there wouldn't be many unlicensed games in No-Intro's database. ;)

Is Sonic the Hedgehog 4 really in the SNES section?
That game is 100% pirate. Not only is the game violating the Sonic copyright but it's just a bootleg of Speedy Gonzalez.
C. V. Reynolds
Datter

Post by C. V. Reynolds »

Yeah, Sonic 4 is in there. It was there before I arrived. I've always been in favor of removing it, but sometimes I go with the flow.

Sonic 4 isn't the only pirate cart in the database, but as it's just a hack of another game, it might be the most pathetic one. It's also supposedly badly dumped. I'm still in favor of removing it.
xuom2
High Council

Post by xuom2 »

sonic 4: removed.