I obtain a different CRC while dumping a NDS game but...

General No-Intro related discussions.
baronluigi

I obtain a different CRC while dumping a NDS game but...

Post by baronluigi »

Hello there. Recently I adquired the Spanish version of PROFESSOR LAYTON AND PANDORAS BOX game I dumped it. I dumped it a couple of times and in most of them I obtained the same CRC it is posted in DAT O MATIC.

The thing is that one of the dumps had a different CRC, although the program I use to test the roms called CRAPPY TINY READER says that all is good. Other thing I should mention is that the CRC changed a couple of times afterwards, even getting the "correct" CRC in the process. This is something that also happened dumping another games like RESIDENT EVIL DEADLY SILENCE

A faulty Micro SD card maybe?

I used INDs SLOT 2 DUMPER for the process, cause I can make WOOD DUMPER work in my M3 PRO LITE.
einstein95
Datter

Re: I obtain a different CRC while dumping a NDS game but...

Post by einstein95 »

Have you tried the slot 2 version of wooddumper r89?
Also use v1.8.4 of CTR.
baronluigi

Post by baronluigi »

Actually I usually use CTR´s last version. The thing is I used an older version for the snapshots due to the sentence "Good sized" does not appear anymore in newer versions of this program.

And for Wood dumper, no, I did not. I will give a try and I will tell you.

EDIT: Lool! Its working! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Many many thanks. I thought R85 was the last wood dumper version, being impossible to make it work in my M3 PRO LITE.

I will make some test and then I will tell you.

EDIT2: Dumped with dumper and I obtained the CRC that appears in your site: EDED39ED
baronluigi

Post by baronluigi »

I finally discovered what the problem was: It was my USB Key SD reader, which it seems it does not work very well with old microsd cards.

I just checked the CRC of my copies through my computer´s card reader and I had no more problems. And if you check datomatic database, you will see that I added new redumps of the Spanish versions of Layton´s last 3 games. I managed to obtain 1 new cartridge for each game.
jimmsu
Datter

Post by jimmsu »

baronluigi wrote:I finally discovered what the problem was: It was my USB Key SD reader, which it seems it does not work very well with old microsd cards.

I just checked the CRC of my copies through my computer´s card reader and I had no more problems. And if you check datomatic database, you will see that I added new redumps of the Spanish versions of Layton´s last 3 games. I managed to obtain 1 new cartridge for each game.
Tnx for adding those verifications. :D