Nes No-Intro question

General No-Intro related discussions.
Alex7

Nes No-Intro question

Post by Alex7 »

Why japanese version of Double Dragon 1,2 and 3 is not on the nes no-intro game list?
i mean the american and european version are in there but the japanese not
is the only game i notice the japan version is not on there
in goodTools set are all in
Buddybenj

Re: Nes No-Intro question

Post by Buddybenj »

It's in there as Sou Setsu Ryuu.
Alex7

Post by Alex7 »

why they dont put Double dragon on it? LOL
other doubt i got is why in some games say (USA, Europe) or (World)
It is supposed to be a merged rom like 2 rom in 1 or what?
Buddybenj

Post by Buddybenj »

Alex7 wrote:why they dont put Double dragon on it? LOL
Because in Japan it was released under a different name. Sou Setsu Ryuu is just a romanization of the Japanese title.
Alex7 wrote:other doubt i got is why in some games say (USA, Europe) or (World)
If it says (USA, Europe), that means the USA ROM is the exact same as the Europe ROM (i.e. someone dumped the USA cartridge and the Europe cartridge and the ROMs were identical). If it says (World), that means the Japan, USA, and Europe releases are all identical ROMs.
Alex7

Post by Alex7 »

Buddybenj wrote:
Because in Japan it was released under a different name. Sou Setsu Ryuu is just a romanization of the Japanese title.
Alex7 wrote:other doubt i got is why in some games say (USA, Europe) or (World)
If it says (USA, Europe), that means the USA ROM is the exact same as the Europe ROM (i.e. someone dumped the USA cartridge and the Europe cartridge and the ROMs were identical). If it says (World), that means the Japan, USA, and Europe releases are all identical ROMs.
But in genesis rom set the game Streets Of Rage 1 and other games got the 3 regions in it you have to switch them with a emulator option to play Japan,Usa or EU releases is different in nes games?
Macarro

Post by Macarro »

But the ROM itself is the same. In the case of Genesis, depending of the hardware, some data was used or not, which is not the case of NES (as far as I know)
KingMike

Post by KingMike »

Buddybenj wrote:
That's a debatable title.
The Japanese carts also said "Double Dragon" in English right on them. So I'd recommend at least including "Double Dragon" as a subtitle.
Do we also have Kontora (Contra) and Saramanda (Salamander) in the database too (because they used non-sense kanji in place of katakana)? :P